- Rutland Elementary was named 2020-2021 REWARD school by the Tennessee Department of Education. click here to read more about it
- May 12 - Walk to School
- May 13- Field Day
- May 25- Last Day for students for the 2021-2022 school year
- End of Year programs
- May 18 - 1st grade @10:30
- May 19 - Kindergarten @10:00
- May 19 - 3rd grade @11:30
- May 23 - 2nd grade @10:00
- May 24 - 4th grade @11:00
- May 25 - 5th grade @8:00
Yearbooks are on SALE now! Click here to purchase.
Kindergarten/New Student Pre-Enrollment
Rutland Elementary Kindergarten/New Student registration for the 2022-2023 school year is now open. Children must be five years old by August 15, 2022 to enroll in kindergarten for the 2022-2023 school year. Please follow the two steps below.
Never enrolled in Wilson County Schools or Wilson County Pre-K; with NO siblings Enrolled in Wilson County Schools.
YES we have siblings already enrolled in Wilson County Schools.
If your child is currently in a Pre-K program or is or has received services for an evaluation from Wilson County Schools, your child is already in the Skyward program and you do NOT need to complete this step. Please call or email Heather Faircloth instead. email@example.com 615-754-1800 ext 1
Please make sure you have uploaded all of the original required documents listed below. If you do not have the ability to upload your required documents, please click on the following link to make an appointment to bring them to the office to copy/upload.
- Certified Birth Certificate
- Social Security Card (requested)
- Tennessee School Immunization Certificate*
- Parent Photo I.D.
- Proof of Physical
- Proof of Custody (if parents are divorced/separated)
- Proof of Residence - the Primary custodial parent or guardian shall provide two (2) documents that are original (i.e. not a photocopy), recent (dated within the last 30 days), and include the current name and street address of the parent or legal guardian’s primary residency.
- Legal document/lease showing proof of residency for specific address (Notary public or typed/hand written letters from the land owner is not accepted); IF YOU LEASE, a signed lease is required.
- Motor vehicle registration with current address;
- Current bill assigned to specific address – electric, gas, water, landline telephone (cell phone bill not accepted);
- Current employment record (example most recent check stub with home address);
- Place of registration for voting;
- Tennessee Driver’s License with current address;
- Tennessee ID with current address; or
- Documentation from Tennessee Department of Human/Children’s Services for benefits with the current address.
The Attendance Director may verify a student’s residency at any time during the school year. During any such investigation, the child shall continue to attend school.
Parents or guardians who use a fraudulent address for enrollment may be subject to restitution to the school district or other costs or fees under Tennessee Law (TCA § 49-6-3003).
Birth Certificate and proof of residence are required at registration. Also, schools request that the parents bring their child’s social security card. All other documents must be presented at the school by the first day of school.
*To get a Tennessee School Immunization Certificate, parents should contact their child’s doctor or the health department and schedule an appointment for a physical. At the time of the physical, the health card Tennessee School Immunization Certificate will be issued.
A copy of the Tennessee School Immunization Certificate must be presented to the school at the time of the enrollment. This Immunization Certificate may be obtained from a private physician or medical facility, such as the Wilson County Health Department.
Step 2: Once you have submitted your application and required documents, you will receive an email with further instructions. You should receive this within a week or so upon sending.
What's Up Wilson!
The Wilson County Board of Education will meet in a Special Called Meeting on June 23, 2022 at 5:30 p.m. at the Wilson County BOE Administrative & Training Complex, 415 Harding Drive, Lebanon, TN 37087. The purpose of the meeting will be to discuss and possibly vote on Land RFP, Waste Disposal Contract and Budget Amendments.
Welcome Center Summer Hours: The Welcome Center will be open this summer on July 8, 11, 14, & 15 from 8:00 a.m. until 3:00 p.m. Families may make appointments or walk in for assistance with registration for the 2022-2023 school year. The Welcome Center is located in the Adult Education entrance of the Administrative Training Complex at 415 Harding Drive, Lebanon, TN 37087. Wilson County Schools will host a Registration Night for ESL families on July 21 from 4:00-6:00 p.m. at Rutland Elementary School. Interpreters will be available to assist. Families may bring their own device or use ones provided by the school.