NEW STUDENTS TO WILSON COUNTY 2019-2020
New Student Enrollment Introduction 2019-2020
Welcome to Wilson County Schools!
We are pleased to offer Online Enrollment for parents/guardians to enroll K-12 students new to our district (this is not for current students transferring to another Wilson County School or for Pre-K applications). You will find this to be an easy process that you can complete at your convenience from home. All you need is an active email address.
If you need assistance determining which school your student is zoned to attend, use the Bus Route Look-Up tool.
- If you have a current student that will be changing schools due to the normal grade progression promotion, your student will automatically move to the zoned school and considered a returning student. Online Registration must be completed for the school your student will be enrolled for the 2019-20 school year. All returning and pre-enrolled students must update information and complete required forms for the 2019-20 School Year through Skyward Family Access between July 8th and July 24th. Student schedules will be available in Family Access prior to start of school as determined by your school principal, but won’t be accessible if registration has not been completed. If you need assistance with your login to Family Access, please contact your zoned school. Click the following link for the Returning Student Registration information page.
- If your child was previously enrolled (currently withdrawn) from a Wilson County School and will be returning to the district, please don’t complete the online application process. You should already have a Family Access account therefore; you need to contact your zoned school for instructions.
- For information on applying to the Pre-K Program, click the following link: Pre-K Enrollment & Registration
Instructions for Completing Online Enrollment:
New to the District Kindergarten – 12th Grade Parents/Guardians Enrolling for the 2019-20 School Year Available July 8th.
Please DO NOT re-enroll current students for the 2019-2020 school year. During the window of July 8th – July 24th , you will need to Register Your Returning Student(s) for the new school year online through Skyward Family Access. Click the following link for Returning Student Registration instructions.
If you Currently have a Student Enrolled in One of Our Schools and Need to Enroll a New Student:
- Log into your Family Access Account then select New Student Online Enrollment
- Complete the Application and click to submit (for detailed instructions refer to the instructions below for the Application Process beginning with #3).
- Then click this “School Directory” link to access your zoned school’s website. On the school site, you will see New Student Information and Appointments. Sign up for an appointment time or follow the instructions provided by the school, on when to come in to complete enrollment.
- Required Documents: Upload during the process, or bring required documents to your Appointment Date. Required Document options are found on the Enrollment & Registration overview page.
If you are New to the Wilson County School System
- Step 1: Requesting an Account
- Visit Request an Account to create an account for a New Student.
- Complete the required fields then click on “Click Here to Submit Online Enrollment Account Request.” An email will then generate to the email address provided with a login and password along with a link for the parent/guardian to access the application portal.
- Step 2: The Enrollment Application Form
- Use the link provided in the email you received to access the portal.
- Instructions on completing the online application form are displayed below.
- Step 3: Choosing an Appointment Time
- Once your application has been submitted click on the above “School Directory” link to access all Wilson County Schools for easy access to your zoned school's website.
- On the school site you will see New Student Information and Appointments
- Sign up for an appointment time or follow the instructions provided by the school on when to come in to complete enrollment.
- Step 4: Scan or bring the required documents to your zoned school on your Appointment Date
- Required Documents are found on the Enrollment and Registration
All New Students to Wilson County Schools: Instructions for Completing the Online Application Form
For Parents/Guardian: The Enrollment Application Form
- The link provided in the email takes you to the application portal for you to enter the login and password provided.
- There is an option on the top right hand corner to select a language.
- There are 6 steps to the application with instructions for each area.
- Note that anywhere you see an (*) asterisk, this is a required field.
- As you complete each step, you will have the option to complete and move to the next step or to complete that step only. Choose to complete that step only if you plan to save and continue later.
- Once you Complete Step 6 you will see a review of all steps. All steps must show a Date Completed to the Right. Each step can be viewed or edited at this time, and the application is printable.
- The last step is for the parent/guardian to click to “Submit Application to the District”. Once you’ve submitted the application, it can be viewed but not edited.
- Once you submit the application, the system will take you to the summary page. If there is a sibling to enroll, click the button “Click to Enroll Additional Students”.
- If the system does not allow you to click to submit, please review each step to ensure each step has been submitted even if you haven’t added data to that page.
- If you have any questions please contact your zoned school, or submit a question through Let’s Talk.