Affordable Connectivity Program Announcement

  • The Affordable Connectivity Program, provides eligible households up to $30/month toward their internet bills, as well as a one-time discount of up to $100 to purchase a laptop, desktop computer, or tablet. All households with a child who was approved to receive free or reduced price school meals under the National School Lunch Program or the School Breakfast Program, within the last 12 months, including children who attend schools participating in the Community Eligibility Provision, are eligible for ACP benefits.

    Families can check their ACP eligibility, sign up, and find fully covered plans at (mobile-accessible and available in Spanish) or by calling 877-384-2575.

    To apply for free and reduced meals for your student(s) enrolled in Wilson County Schools, review the information below for information on program benefits and an FAQ along with contact information for assistance.

Free & Reduced Meal Applications


    It is highly encouraged for those who normally qualify for free and reduced meals to go online and fill out an online application or fill out a paper application that you can receive from your child's school. Online and paper applications will be available at the end of July for the 2023-2024 school year.  All students who do not fill out, or qualify for free and reduced lunch will pay full price for meals.

    Some examples of additional programs that your family may benefit from if you qualify for free or reduced priced meals:

    • School/classroom fees waived
    • Discounts for internet services
    • P-EBT cards
    • Immediate acceptance into summer learning programs
    • Immediate acceptance into before and after school tutoring services
    • And much more!


    As a family, you will need to have an approved application on file with Wilson County Schools to qualify for these additional supports and resources. 

    Online Application

    • Benefits of applying online:
      • Access by computer or mobile device
      • Faster Processing
      • Secure Website
      • Eliminate Possibility of Lost Paperwork
    • Apply by visiting SchoolCafé.
      • No account required
      • Click the “Apply for Benefits (as a guest) link

    SchoolCafe Guest Login

    Paper Application

    Free and Reduced Meal Application 2023-2024 (English)

    Free and Reduced Meal Application 2023-2024 (Spanish)

    Submit the completed application to your child’s teacher/school OR mail to:

    Wilson County School Nutrition Department
    415 Harding Drive
    Lebanon, TN 37087


    For questions, review the Free & Reduced Meal FAQ below or contact Velva Gray by email or call 615-444-3282, ext. 7308 for questions or assistance with completing the application.

Free & Reduced Meal FAQ

  • Dear Parent/Guardian:

    Children need healthy meals to learn. Wilson County Schools offers healthy meals every school day. Breakfast costs $2.25; lunch costs $2.75 for Elementary & Middle Schools. High School Breakfast will be $2.50 and Lunch is $3.00. Your child(ren) may qualify for free meals or for reduced-price meals. Reduced price is $0.30 for Breakfast and $0.40 for lunch. This packet includes an application for free or reduced price meal benefits, and a set of detailed instructions. Below are some common questions and answers to help you with the application process.Who can get free or reduced price meals?

    • All children in households receiving benefits from SNAP, or Families First, are eligible for free meals.
    • Foster children that are under the legal responsibility of a foster care agency or court are eligible for free meals.
    • Children participating in their school’s Head Start program are eligible for free meals.
    • Children who meet the definition of homeless, runaway, or migrant are eligible for free meals.                      
    • Children may receive free or reduced price meals if your household’s income is within the limits on the Federal Income Eligibility Guidelines.

    How do I know if my children qualify as homeless, migrant, or runaway?

    Do the members of your household lack a permanent address? Are you staying together in a shelter, hotel, or other temporary housing arrangement? Does your family relocate on a seasonal basis? Are any children living with you who have chosen to leave their prior family or household? If you believe children in your household meet these descriptions and haven’t been told your children will get free meals, please call or e-mail Ashlynn Scudder 615-444-3282, ext 7467.

    Do I need to fill out an application for each child?

    Use one Free and Reduced Price School Meals Application for all students in your household. We cannot approve an application that is not complete, so be sure to fill out all required information. Return the completed application to: Wilson County Schools, 415 Harding Drive, Lebanon, TN 37087.

    Should I fill out an application if I received a letter this school year saying my children are already approved for free meals?

    No, but please read the letter you got carefully and follow the instructions. If any children in your household were missing from your eligibility notification, contact Velva Gray or call 615-453-7308 immediately.

    Can I apply online?

    Yes! You are encouraged to complete an online application instead of a paper application if you are able. The online application has the same requirements and will ask you for the same information as the paper application. Contact Velva Gray or call 615-453-7308 if you have any questions about the online application.

    My child’s application was approved last year. Do I need to fill out a new one?

    Your child’s application is only good for that school year and for the first few days of this school year, through 9/15/22. You must send in a new application unless the school told you that your child is eligible for the new school year. If you do not send in a new application that is approved by the school or you have not been notified that your child is eligible for free meals, your child will be charged the full price for meals.

    I get WIC. Can my children get free meals?

    Children in households participating in WIC may be eligible for free or reduced price meals. Please send in an application.

    Will the information I give be checked?

    We may also ask you to send written proof of the household income you report.

    If I don’t qualify now, may I apply later?

    Yes, you may apply at any time during the school year. For example, children with a parent or guardian who becomes unemployed may become eligible for free and reduced price meals if the household income drops below the income limit.

    What if I disagree with the school’s decision about my application?

    You should talk to school officials. You also may ask for a hearing by calling or writing to: Tina Hutchens, 415 Harding Dr., Lebanon, TN 37087.

    May I apply if someone in my household is not a U.S. citizen?

    You, your children, or other household members do not have to be U.S. citizens to apply for free or reduced price meals.

    What if my income is not always the same?

    List the amount that you normally receive. For example, if you normally make $1000 each month, but you missed some work last month and only made $900, put down that you made $1000 per month. If you normally get overtime, include it, but do not include it if you only work overtime sometimes.  If you have lost a job or had your hours or wages reduced, use your current income.

    What if some household members have no income to report?

    Household members may not receive some types of income we ask you to report on the application, or may not receive income at all. Whenever this happens, please write a 0 in the field. However, if any income fields are left empty or blank, those will also be counted as zeroes. Please be careful when leaving income fields blank, as we will assume you meant to do so.

    We are in the military. Do we report our income differently?

    Your basic pay and cash bonuses must be reported as income. If you get any cash value allowances for off-base housing, food, or clothing, it must also be included as income. However, if your housing is part of the Military Housing Privatization Initiative, do not include your housing allowance as income. Any additional combat pay resulting from deployment is also excluded from income.

    What if there isn’t enough space on the application for my family?

    List any additional household members on a separate piece of paper, and attach it to your application. Contact Velva Gray at 615-453-7308 to receive a second application.

    My family needs more help. Are there other programs we might apply for?

    To find out how to apply for SNAP or other assistance benefits, contact your local assistance office or call 1-866-311-4287.